CIT Program (Counselor in Training)
We are now accepting applications for volunteers!
We would like to invite all Saskatoon and area high-school students to apply for a volunteer position as a Counselor-In-Training (CIT) this summer. SCI-FI Science Camps, founded in 1989, has continuously provided a unique approach to teaching Science and Technology to Saskatchewan youth. SCI-FI, along with other Actua camps, continue to show children that science is exciting, challenging, useful, and most of all, FUN!
Any enthusiastic student who will be finishing grade 9 or higher. Applicants should demonstrate an interest in: science and technology, working with children, as well as possess leadership and teamwork skills.
CITs are high-school who have passion for science and technology. Our CITs work alongside our instructors to provide SCI-FI campers the opporunity to learn about science and technology through hands-on activities. Some the roles for CITs are: assisting instructors and campers with camp activities, taking photographs, helping fix broken projects and performing other daily camp tasks.
SCI-FI Science Camps is operated through the College of Engineering on the U of S Campus.
Our weeklong day camps run for 8 weeks during July and August, starting the first week of July and ending in late August. Due to the training we provide we would ask that volunteers apply for 2 weeks if possible.
It's a good idea to volunteer at SCI-FI, because you get to:
- Work side-by-side with University of Saskatchewan students who are enrolled in a variety of different fields such as: Engineering, Education, Medicine, and Veterinary medicine.
- Develop new skills
- Create new friendships
- Gain volunteer experience
- Build references for your resume
- Contribute to a program that reaches over 10,000 youth every year across the province
- Learn how SCI-FI works, which is good experience if you want to be a SCI-FI instructor during your university career
- Have FUN!!!