Due to the COVID19 restrictions in place, we will not be offering Girl Power this summer.
Girl Power is dedicated to promoting science and engineering for young women. 2020 was to have marked our 18th year of Girl Power. See you next year!
Girl power is an experience exclusively for girls entering grades 5-9. This unique program has been developed to promote science and engineering specifically to girls. Girl Power is an addition to our regular camp program. It is a checkbox option when filling out the online registration form for camp.
Girl Power participants, in addition to their regularly scheduled week of camp, will get together with other girl power participants to do additional activities. They will also stay overnight with female instructors in accomodations on campus on the Thursday of camp. Meals from supper on the Thursday to lunch on the Friday will be included along with games, experiments, and tours. There is a maximum capacity of 18 girls for each week so register early!
What to bring:
- SCI-FI will not be providing lunch on Thursday, so bring a bagged lunch as always. All other meals and snacks will be provided for the girls through Friday.
- Bedding will be provided for the girls in residence. However, if they would like to bring their own blanket and pillow they may do so.
- Clothing and toiletries for Thursday and Friday.
- Bathing suit, towel, and water bucket for Friday's Water Fight!
- Money for the Friday Pizza event, if parents/guardians are not attending($2 per Slice of Pizza, $1 Pop, $1 Freezie)
- Theme day supplies/accessories (Thursday is Time Travel Day and Friday is Tropical Day/SCI-FI shirt day)
- A pair of walking shoes!
- Umbrella and rain gear (Just in case!)
Girl Power Registration Fee ~ $99 (In addition to Camp Fees).
- July 6-10 - Overnight stay on the Thursday the 9th
- July 13-17 - Overnight stay on the Thursday the 16th
- July 20-24 - Overnight stay on the Thursday the 23rd
- July 27-31 - Overnight stay on the Thursday the 30th
- August 10-14- Overnight stay on the Thursday the 13th
Please Note: Girl Power is only offered in Saskatoon. Girls must be at going into grade 5 or higher (in the fall) to participate.