Girl Power is dedicated to promoting science and engineering for young women. 2018 will mark our 16th year having a Girl Power and we are very excited to be offering five weeks of the program this summer!
Girl power is an experience exclusively for girls entering grades 5-9. This unique program has been developed to promote science and engineering specifically to girls. Girl Power is an addition to our regular camp program. It is a checkbox option when filling out the online registration form for camp.
Girls Power participants, in addition to their regularly scheduled week of camp, will get together with other girl power participants to do additional activities. They will also stay overnight with female instructors in accomodations on campus on the Thursday of camp. Meals from supper on the Thursday to lunch on the Friday will be included along with games, experiments, and tours. There is a maximum capacity of 18 girls for each week so register early!
What to bring:
- SCI-FI will not be providing lunch on Thursday, so bring a bagged lunch as always. All other meals and snacks will be provided for the girls through Friday.
- Bedding will be provided for the girls in residence. However, if they would like to bring their own blanket and pillow they may do so.
- Clothing and toiletries for Thursday and Friday.
- Bathing suit, towel, and water bucket for Friday's Water Fight!
- Money for the Friday Pizza event, if parents/guardians are not attending($2 per Slice of Pizza, $1 Pop, $1 Freezie)
- Theme day supplies/accessories (Thursday is Time Travel Day and Friday is Tropical Day/SCI-FI shirt day)
- A pair of walking shoes!
- Umbrella and rain gear (Just in case!)
Girl Power Registration Fee ~ $99 (In addition to Camp Fees).
- July 9-13 - Overnight stay on the Thursday the 12th
- July 16-20 - Overnight stay on the Thursday the 19th
- July 23-27 - Overnight stay on the Thursday the 26th
- July 30- August 3 - Overnight stay on the Thursday the 2nd
- August 13-17 - Overnight stay on the Thursday the 16th
Please Note: Girl Power is only offered in Saskatoon. Girls must be at going into grade 5 or higher (in the fall) to participate.